We are currently looking for a Banksman Slinger to join our growing team in Edzell.
To support slinging and cargo preparation and general labouring duties.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assist with the backload cargo dispatch process, ensuring cargo is managed and dispatched according to company procedures.
• Comply with procedures and work instructions regarding the loading and unloading of Trailers
• Ensure effective communications with direct report, colleagues and clients
• Ensure safe working practices at all times
• Participate in toolbox talks as and when required, ensuring all personnel are fully aware of the job task prior to commencement of work
• Apply “stop the job” principles if an action is considered unsafe and report to Team Leader
• Suggest any improvements to improve service delivery and amend work instructions
• General yard/warehouse cleanliness
• Customer satisfaction
• Safety performance
• Service delivery
Qualifications and Experience
• OPITO approved Banksman/Slinger Certificate and forklift ticket desirable
• Experience within a similar working environment is desirable but not essential
• Communication - Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels within organisation
• Customer Focus - A commitment to providing a good customer service
• Personal Integrity - Builds trust and respect and maintains standards of honesty and integrity
• Team Working - Ability to work within a team and on own initiative
• Reliability - Takes responsibility for personal performance
• Results Orientation - Striving to improve or meet a standard of excellence
• Commitment to Safety - Takes responsibility for both their own safety and that of their colleagues